Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Tech Integration: What Does It Really Mean?

Well, I can give you my definition but everyone's opinion is different.  Some might say that it is easily defined as "Using technology in the classroom."  Others might give you some elaborate tech babble (yes... I went there 🙄) full of buzz words such as SAMR and TPack, substitution vs. transformation, or technology integration matrix.  Too many big words for me.  I'm a simple kind of girl.



Sure, I know all about Samr and TPack and I believe they are good models to follow and share when the intended audience is ready. But when it comes down to it, technology integration in my opinion, simply needs to be meaningful and focus on enhancing the learning of the students in your classroom.  It shouldn't be about an app or a website but about enriching student experiences.  It isn't about finding time somewhere in your already crazy day to use technology with your students, it's about infusing it into your instruction to engage, promote independence, deepen knowledge, and to give them a voice.  It's about asking yourself, "How can this tool benefit my students?" or "What will change for my students if I utilize this tool?  



My goal as a coach is to help teachers see the "why?" in technology integration and that isn't always easy.  My goal for this blog is to share ideas, reflections, and support for busy elementary teachers who are doing their best to navigate the world of technology integration.  I hope you enjoy the journey.


1 comment:

  1. I’m so excited to see you here and can’t wait to let my elementary know too!

    ReplyDelete